Monday, April 18, 2011

Out by our sliding patio door


There are hundreds of these little creatures by our place right now. They settle here in the early spring before they migrate north. They're called juncos. There is a lot of different wildlife in MB that we are not used to seeing. We had a snowfall on Saturday (hence, the snow on the walkout). But it's already melted. It can snow in May too. ::::bracing ourselves:::: We're told it always melts soon after. How soon after, we still don't know. ;) It's been a slow Spring for everyone in Canada, it seems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the cute little juncos! We actually have them here in Orangeville, too. And I remember seeing lots of them in Minnesota. :)

We had snow here on Sunday, but it's all gone now. Coming home on Sun. after church in the morning, it was so windy and we almost had whiteouts! I felt like I was on the prairies! ;)