Some of my other church friends. Lovely ladies. It's what's inside that counts........
Some of the counsellors - the middle one is Laura's counsellor. They are great role models for the girls - full of fun, but also teaching them about God's world and how to live as Christians within it.
Another group of moms......
Laura and some friends.......I tell you one thing - shopping is easy. You just go to the local thrift shop, close your eyes and grab. 5 minutes and you've got your new spring church outfit. As you can tell, I'm trying desperatly to look on the bright side......
More lovely girls.....
And more. One thing you can say in favour of local fashion is that they sure make generous use of colour. And that's......cheerful, right?
Robin, Erica, Lisa......each a unique individual. Somehow I can't think of anything else to say here........
Okay, time to be honest :) It was a "What not to wear" night, organized and put on by our hard-working Kingdom Seeker's counsellors as a wind-up evening for the year. They invited the moms to attend (and they forced us to also participate.......aaaargh......I'm not just not runway material......;) and we all had to dress as bizarre as we could. Then Michelle, serving spoon microphone in hand, mc'd as the girls walked the runway, reading off outfit descriptions written by the girls and their moms. Moms were then also made to walk the gang plank....er, I mean the runway, while Michelle kept everyone laughing with her "off the cuff" commentary.
There was also a time for singing, bible reading and prayer, time for the counsellors to talk about the year, and lots of time for fellowship. All in all, it was a very enjoyable evening and I'm so thankful for these ladies who are willing to put time, energy, love and prayer into the lives of our growing girls. A beautiful example of the older women teaching the younger women within the community of the saints.
Thank-you ladies.




No comments:
Post a Comment