Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Yvetta-isms

These are a collection of Cher's fb entries on 'Vetta. I'm putting them here with the hopes that she'll add and write some more. There is no other way to describe them except to say they are "Yvetta-isms".

Yvetta is asked what the honey pot will be used for at camping. Her reply in a sing-song voice: "Its my potty for me to poop and pee!"

Yvetta's prayer tonight: "Thank-you that I don't say things like: shut-up and dumb and stupid an oh-my-gosh and fat." Hmmmm.....I'm thinking we have some work to do on her prayers :)

Yvetta got stung by a bee today. Her reaction, besides lots of screaming, was: "Mommy, that bee sure sinned!"

Yvetta, stark naked, handing me a cup: Mom, I just peed in that cup.Me: Where are your clothes? And why on earth would you pee in a cup?????Yvetta, walking away, throwing her hands in the air as if the meaning of the situation is far beyond her understanding: I don't know, Mom. I just did.

Yvetta just showed up at the back door, very indignant - to the point of almost being angry - b/c all her grapes rolled down the slide in front of her. Then she slid down. And sat on all her grapes at the bottom. 3 yr. olds are funny :)

Honey pot and spoon "hidden" under the kitchen table + little girl washing sticky hands in the bathroom = busted :)

Yvetta, sitting at the kitchen table, hard at work with stickers, markers and glue: "I'm making a card for Grandpa." A bit of thoughtful silence. "I'm not gonna write 'poop' in it." Great. I'm sure he'll appreciate that, honey :)

I cooked up a pot of sweetened rhubarb to eat like applesauce. I told Yvetta it came right out of our own garden. So, when my back was turned, she added a few more things she found in "our own garden". Like chives, flowers and rocks......

Yvetta: Mommy, remember when you were a little girl and I was a mommy and I taught you how to pray? :)

Yvetta pulled off her wet underwear, flung it over her shoulder where it hit the wall and left a big wet mark. As she walked away I heard her say, "Well, that was interesting..." She's 3!!! Where do these remarks of hers come from?! :)

I've wiped up 3 pee accidents today and the peaceful predusk light is flooding my kitchen. Don't you dare sing the Sesame St. "one of these things just doesn't belong here" song to me. When a woman is potty-training you just say placating things to her in sympathetic tones. No Q's.

Yvetta got herself ready to go outside to help Daddy make an ice rink. All tolled, her outfit consisted of: Sunday boots (no socks), a neck warmer around her tummy and, of course, her beloved princess underwear. I love little folk :)

So, I was asked at church if I was quitting (potty training, that is). For one glorious moment I entertained the dream that I had the option. The dream has ended. We're back to the nightmare. Good thing she looks so cute in her underwear :)

Yvetta: "Mom, can you come outside with me? You know, in your big bathing suit?" I think she means snowsuit :) Creates a rather..........let's say "interesting" picture though, doesn't it? On second thought, just don't picture it at all, 'kay? ;)


1 comment:

noelle said...

haha!! that's soooo funny! i love you vetta!!


LOTSOFLOVE