Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More of R & K & the rest of us

Last night Rob and Karen took us out to The Keg - what a nice time! We went late - around 7 - got there around 7:30, so that the littles were almost at their bedtime and the older kids would have it pretty easy. By the time our meals came our stomachs were more than ready! The food was terrific, the music soft, the conversation fun and interesting, the bond we share is a family bond, but also a bond in Christ. I can't quite put into words how special it is to have family come and spend time with us. It means they're spending precious vacation time to travel here. It means they love us enough to be with us 24/7 for a number of days. And it means that we have ample time to talk and build up our relationship - between our guests and all of us, kids and adults alike. I think I may appreciate these times more than I used to when we lived close(er) to each other!















This bouncing pillow was such a laugh! I think the adults may just have enjoyed it more than the kids :) I didn't dare go on b/c of my back so I stayed off to the side with sleeping 'Vetta and took pictures. I'm so glad I did! I wasn't allowed to post the funniest ones - we have to draw the line somewhere on how undignified we want to appear ;)







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I'm so glad you've been having such a good visit with each other. My heart responds in exact sympathy to what you mean about family (or friends!)come from far away to visit. :)

Karen said...

We're so glad we could visit too - we had a great time! It really is good to see your home, meet some of your church family and just be able to picture you all better. We're so thankful with how well you have settled and see God's providing for you in so many ways.
Not too long until Rock Lake Lodge!