.......and STORMY night!!!!
I know what you're all thinking. You're thinking that b/c of the title, our new puppy, Stormy, gave us (me) trouble during the night. Well, you couldn't be farther from the truth. Stormy, the good little pup that he is, whined/cried for half an hour and then decided to accept his fate. He settled into his dog house, snuggled up on his red fleece blanket and fell asleep. During the evening, he came out, wandered in his dog run a little, sat on his front door step and looked out at the dark world, and then went back inside to sleep some more. He was quiet ALL night! And how do I know this?


I know this b/c
I was the problem last night! I was the one who paced the house, wondering if he was okay. I was the one who skulked around the backyard to get a glimpse of him laying in his dog house. I was the one who, while sneaking around the fence of his dog run, heard rustling in the bushes, thought it was Stormy and reached down to pick him up only to have 3 huge raccoons come out at me! It was me tearing wildly back to the house, my heart pounding. It was also me who then returned outside with ammunition.......and threw sticks at the raccoons to chase them away from my baby. Rich didn't think they'd be interested in our pup anyway, but I wasn't taking any chances......



Haha - Yvetta has a bit to learn here, but it sure is cute how that little puppy can get her lying flat on the ground :)





Our experience has been good so far :) Except that he threw up on me in the van. And I didn't sleep much last night. But, to his credit, neither of those issues were his fault. All in all, we're LOVING our new puppy! Come on over and see him!
(Cher)
5 comments:
cute pictures!
love you!
That is too funny how you are roaming around in the night :) I'm not a huge animal lover myself so I would NOT be doing that! But I'm glad that you're all having a great time!
Put the coffe on! We'll be there in ...well, maybe not. : (
That's too funny - maybe the racoons were looking for the goose :) Hope that your sleep goes better.
So funny! And once again, he's so cute! I hope things continue to go well.
Post a Comment